Ken Wright Community and Life Scholarship
The Fishers Freedom Festival Scholarship Committee has established a continuing education scholarship in an effort to encourage community involvement with the youth in our community that reside within the Hamilton Southeastern School District.
Up to four “Ken Wright Community and Life” scholarships are available each year to high school seniors. The scholarships are in the form of a $1000.00 check, payable to both the selected student and his/her school. Throughout each school year, the community is kept informed about the scholarship through the various media and through the Hamilton Southeastern School District.
Criteria for the Community & Life Scholarship
Time frame spanning high school years, grades 9-12 only
- High school senior that resides in Wayne, Fall Creek and Delaware Townships and is registered as a student in any high school-level institution and/or home schooling.
- Volunteer or participant in community service activities with any not-for-profit organizations such as, but not limited to, Habitat for Humanity, Meals on Wheels, Humane Society, churches, youth groups, Red Cross, local senior citizens assistance or other community organizations.
- Leadership positions or roles in volunteer and extra-curricular activities such as team captain of an athletic team, elected student council representative, Scouts troop leader, drum major of a marching band, etc. Be sure to list leadership roles related to volunteer service and extra-curricular activities separately from the participation in these activities as participation in an activity and a leadership role in the activity count as two distinct and separate activities.
- Extracurricular activity involvement in the Arts, athletics, clubs/youth organizations, 4-H, or other scholastic and non-scholastic membership organizations.
- GPA of 2.0 or higher based on a 4.33 grading Scale
- Good attendance record.
The scholarships applications are judged on a point based system for all of the above criteria. We also consider completeness and neatness of all applications. You may attach additional pages to the application if you need more space to complete the questions. Typed applications will receive bonus points.
The scholarship award will be given during the same time at the HSE and FHS Awards Program held in May. Applications are available in the Hamilton Southeastern High School and Fishers High School Guidance office, The Fishers Freedom Festival office and available on the festival website at www.fishersfreedomfestival.org
All applications must be postmarked or received in person by no later than April 15th each year.