Nominate a Volunteer for the “William D. Kehl Jr.” Volunteer of the Year
Nominations are due by no later than May 15th
This award was named in loving memory of William D. Kehl Jr. who lived each day to the fullest and touched many lives during his short time here on Earth. He will be remembered for his sarcasm, his drive to be the best at everything, and his absolute dedication to the Fishers Freedom Festival and the City of Fishers. This will be an award that champions the outstanding volunteer efforts of a City of Fishers resident. The first award was given out on June 23, 2007 at the opening ceremonies of the Fishers Freedom Festival. A selection committee will choose the recipient.
Much like it sounds, the Volunteer of the Year is how the Volunteers of Fishers will recognize people who have gone above and beyond for others.
- The nominee must be a resident within the City of Fishers or the Hamilton Southeastern School District.
- Detail the impact which the nominee has had on organizations’ activities, on an individual, or the City of Fishers, as well as outline the particular qualities of the nominee in 1000 words or less.
- In May, the recommendations are presented to a panel of judges. The jury reviews the nominations and selects the Volunteers of the Year based on the following criteria:
- The volunteer has been exceptionally dedicated and committed;
- S/he has contributed innovative ideas that produced great results for the organization, individual or the City of Fishers;
- S/he has been an example to other volunteers;
- S/he has made a definable difference that had a positive impact on the organization, individual or the City of Fishers
- The nomination must be received by May 15th. You may nominate an individual by completing the nomination form below and faxing, mailing, or dropping off the completed form at our office.
“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is What are you doing for others?” • Rev. Martin Luther King